Sunday, August 12, 2012

Go to your corner!

I love Sunday mornings. I don't know what it is about them but I always feel such a calm and quiet within when I awake...maybe it's the sound of silence in the air on the farm.. sleeping in, no school runs, no work.  It's one of my favorite days. But for some reason I do more cleaning on Sundays then any other day go figure. How about you? Do you have a quiet place?


 I created my quiet corner using old fabrics, soft cozy pillows..I put my antique Italian prayer bench from Italy at the foot of the daybed.  This is my space where I come to read, close my eyes and pray, have a cup of tea and  cozy up with my favorite furry friends..Ellie and Jerry. So take a seat and  relax today it's Sunday morning I say!
I love my dreamy sheep skin throw.I got it last year from Santa....I sort of hoard them around here..it's Florida every girl needs a furry throw!
vintage linen table cloth with fringe I used a a bed skirt.
all pillows  are handmade.
My very special pillow..I was born on Staten Island and  my family is from there it is a small Island off of Manhattan so you can say I am really an Island girl!
when I get sleepy my corner starts to look like this...blurry.
I saved the best for last my Jerry..well Dante calls him Skunk. this is his quiet corner he was a little under the weather in this picture but is fine now..Ellie is hiding somewhere in her corner.
I hope you have a special place to get some inner calm and peace..lord knows we all need a quiet little corner.
Thanks for visiting. xo Laura










7 comments:

Rhonda said...

I live for quiet times...love them.

Your Jerry is adorable, Papillon or long hair Chihuahua?

Adore your quiet corner...I could snuggle up and stay there all day.

Laura Venosa Verbena said...

Hi Rhonda thank you for your visit. Jerry is a long haired Chihuahua.xoxoLaura

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

I came over to visit you from facebook! Glad to find you! Love your post! Hugs, Penny

lafamigliadesignllc said...

I love your blog too! Can't wait to dig deeper! Fun!
Monica

Almost to Paris said...

Hi Laura...the photos are so lovely,it's nice to have a place to reflect and see things in a light of calmness and perspective. You're farm is beautiful what a joy and what a dream to live in such a place,i hope to one day. Thank you for such a encouraging blog,love it.
xoxoDebra

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

I just love your beautiful corner.
Every woman should have one.I love the colors that you used. So lovely.I also clean on Sundays.
XXOO Marie Antionette

Cindy said...

That's a great little corner nest, with treasured things and your sweet doggie... I added you to my blog roll because i don't want to miss any of your posts!

Cindy