Friday, December 10, 2010

Beautiful Sacred Treasures...

Lady Madonna simply at her best....maybe it is my Catholic school upbringing...or spending weekends playing & hiding under my Nanny Sarah's bedroom alter..I have always been drawn to the beauty & spiritual feelings I get with the Blessed Mother/Madonna. You do not have to be Catholic to love her.
A while back when picking up my daughter from her friends home, I was invited to step inside.. and when I looked up in the entrance way.. my heart skipped a beat... my word I ran back in my car to get my camera... these are amazing original works of art from Venezuela.
I have been busy here sewing my Sacred Treasure sacks for the holidays so maybe I have Madonna dancing around in my head.



a special sacred treasures made from clay & cloth....she is such a sweet handpainted


madonna.



original oil painting.




sending blessings to all you!





























my camera does not show the true beauty of this incredible work of art...





















this painting above stands approx. 15 ft tall & has a beautiful carved rosary embedded in the painting! Gilded & detailed with gold lace, words can not discribe how beautiful these are. I saved these for a special post.
Wishing you all everything Sacred this Holiday season & always. xoxoxo Laura































































































4 comments:

Unknown said...

...truely a stunning work of art!!! Adore the painted lace details!!
thinking of you ~
xo, Rosemary

Healing Woman said...

I love this painting! To think that it is 15' tall. No wonder you were awestruck by the beauty. Love the gold lace and the fact that the rosary is embedded..thanks so much for showing.

Burlap Luxe said...

Beautiful laura,
It must be amazing in person, setting the stage for any room, a piece of art that truly would speak to you!

Sending you a well wish!
Joyeux Noel
xx
Dore

Bohemian said...

That 15 ft. Madonna is magnificent! I imagine it is breathtaking to see it in person. I too have a fondness for Religious and Spiritual Art and Artifacts so I've been collecting them for years... I have many lovely Madonna statuaries, icons and Art and they are some of my favorite collections.

Christmas Blessings... Dawn... The Bohemian