Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lovely lavender Verbena treats..


Ok here it is.....I have been getting requests for this recipe...you can also substitute with gluten free flour & xylitol a great & healthy sugar subsitute.

ingredients

2 T dried fresh lavender

1/4 T baking power

1/4 T salt

13/4 cups of flour

2/4 cups of sugar ( also xylitol great sugar substitute)

2 T grated lemon zest

2T juice of 1-2 lemons

1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter cut in cubes

1 egg yoke

1/2 T Vanilla extract


OK get ready...combine in a food processer

sugar, lemon zest & lavender until mixed well. ( thirty seconds)


whisk dry ingredients together

flour, baking power & salt


add to sugar mixture

add butter cubes on top of mix pulse about 15 1 sec pulses will look like cornmeal


in a separate bowl whisk egg yoke, lemon juice & vanilla pour in mix

pulse about 10 seconds until it forms into a dough ball.


remove & shape into a cylinder 12" long 1/1/2 in in diameter

chill the dough untill firm ( 45 in frezer) 2 hours in fridge

preheat oven to 375


MUST line a baking sheet with parchment paper

slice about 3/8 thick not to thin or will burn

cook about ten min

edges will lightly brown

be sure to turn halfway when cooking.


remove cool on rack


My favorite part is packaging them. Do your thing.

I usually stack them in clear bags & throw a pinch of the lavender on top, tie kitchen twine, a handmade tag. Yum!!!
Nice to give as a gift with a fresh buch of lavender.

I also make a rosemary version.. let me know how it turns out.

xooxxo Verbena Girl



6 comments:

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Love to you for the holidays friend! Blessings.

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Sounds amazing, I shall give it a try. I think the rosemary sounds good too and I bet you/I could make it w/rose petals too.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, sweet Laura!
xoxo~Tracie

Bohemian said...

Sounds and looks so tasty... I am certain I'd love both versions... Lavender and Rosemary! Thanks for sharing the recipe... now if only I could cook *wink*, perhaps I can con... ummm, I mean sweet talk, my culinary gifted Friends or Family to make these delectible treats FOR me???!!! *LOL*

Christmas Blessings... Dawn... The Bohemian

Tina Leavy said...

Hi Laura...hope you had a good Christmas.:0) the cookies look delish.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

Happy Happy New Year dear friend! Blessings and light and joy to you; thanks for the words.

LizlovesVintage said...

Hi Laura,
Glad we met in 2010. Here's hoping 2011 brings you peace, love and many more new friendships along the way. Thanks for sharing your Verbena girl recipe. You always have great ideas from your heart. Happy New Year!! xx Liz