Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Less is what I want a little more of....

In the decorating dept...(One of my biggest passions) a New Year always motivates me to reorganize, redecorate & refresh everything around me. A friend of mine once said when looking at all her stuff I don't own this ... it owns me... and sometimes I feel that way. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with everything I just wish I could do two things ... one be like I Dream of Jeanie nod my head & it's all in order or hire some one like Extreme Makeover to come in and just tear all this down and make everything perfect... but as we know life doesn't work that way so for now I just have to make the best of what I have...little old me... to hammer , drill & haul stuff... my mission is to have less...have a cleaner look... but still be loyal to my Shabby Chic style of decorating.. Take a look at this home I am posting... I am totally in love with it!!! It still has that Shabby Chic Romantic feel but is cleaner more modern.... I just love it!!! I don't know what style to call it. Does anyone have a name? What is your style of decorating? I would love to know.. Lets give this look a new name I say this is the new look for me !!! Let me know what you think... xoxoxo Laura

3 comments:

Andrea Singarella said...

wow. that is one beautiful space. I'm not sure what you would call it either, but I know exactly what you mean. I think so many of us are feeling this "less is more" feeling right now in these times. We need more space to breathe...and focus on what really matters.
xo

Anonymous said...

As everyone tightens their belt we will realise we all need a little less

Sarah said...

I think I would call in parisian country chic, it's a little bit of shabby chic mixed with very parisian chic. I love the romantic feeling. I personally mix a little bit of parisian drama with clean lines and devote one bedroom in my home to organized collections and entertaining items. I have everything I love just very organized and all in one place. Makes it easier to switch out pieces I LOVE.