Wednesday, July 9, 2008

WHO CAN WE TRUST???? blog vent...


Ok I was called on to do a mosaic project for this woman in Ocala I will not mention any names or should I???? She said she loved my work and would be honered for me to design and do her kitchen backsplash as her home would be featured in Ocala Magazine... I was so excited I loved her home and thought this would be great exposure for me trying to get my work exposed and marketed... She also asked me to work with her and give her a great price as it would be featured in an the artical the magazine was doing on her home.... So of course I did the fifteen foot backsplash for peanuts... I was warned by several people she takes ideas from alot of creative people and takes the credit... I trusted her and came to her home every morning bright and early to work on this project...I hand cut each dish, used some of my favorite dishes I held on for a special project etc. The beautiful backsplash truly turned out to be the focal point of her kitchen.... when it was done she said it was better then she could have ever imagined.... to make a long story short the article came out today....she mentioned every thing in her kitchen but my backsplash... I was so very disapointed.. I left her a message but never heard back from her. I also left word with the magazine to see if it was an oversight???? Anyway it's blog vent time for me...

8 comments:

Aging and Restless said...

Hmm...it looks and sounds like your backsplash was a labor of love and talent that was used unconsiously by someone else. I say this, because I, like you have faith in all people, even by those that seem to 'use' you. Don't let this one incident tarnish you - let it make you more aware!

Laura Venosa Verbena said...

thank you for your kind words...Lessons learned??? awareness??? or listen to your gut??? Who knows anymore we give from our hearts and go by what we feel is right at that time right???
Thanks for posting to me it helps...Laura

Maija said...

OMG!! I can't believe that woman did that! Some people really suck. Thes backsplash you designed is gorgeous!!! Definetly let the magazine know!

Anonymous said...

As the Buddist Prayer says....
"Even if someone that I have helped, and whom I had great hopes, nevertheless harms me, without any reason, may I see him as a holy spiritual guide"....
I find myself having to repeat this on a daily basis...
You're a good egg Laura...
At least you can be responsible for you. Remember that.......
No good deed goes un-noticed.
"You" are seen much differently than this woman ........

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that is just devastating! I am so sorry. You are totally justfied in feeling the way you do. I hope the magazine makes the correction

liggy girl said...

I'm so sorry this happened to you. There are such sad people out there. It will come back to bite her in her wrong arse. Well it is a form of flattery, in a weird twisted way. Don't be discouraged. Learn and move on and she will get hers. In fact I'm sure we'd all hound her a bit :-p

Laura Venosa Verbena said...

HELP HOW DO I E-MAIL BACK TO YOU LOVELY LADIES OF BLOGLAND???? HAVING TROUBLE...

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

I found you via Miss Heather Bullards blog.
Unfortunately that's why the words "GET IT IN WRITING" enters into every agreement made, even between *friends*. So sad all the time and effort you put in. I can't help to think she doesn't get a couple tugs at her conscience every time she looks at the backsplash you created with such beautiful results...for her.